Why you should see a Chiropractor for Fibromyalgia relief
Chiropractors focus mainly on well-being, health and stress management. Chiropractors adopt the use of gentle movements to the spine, to remove subluxations. However, as a fibromyalgia patient, before you settle on getting a massage, consult with the physician prior to the massage. Only patients who have been approved by the physician can receive massage with gentle pressure because they have sensitive muscles.
Fibromyalgia patients have also reported that they react differently to different weather conditions. Most of these patients have attested to the fact that they feel much better when the temperatures are warm. This makes spring the best time of the year for fibromyalgia patients since most places are relatively mild. However, some patients have complained that they feel extremely tired after a chiropractic treatment. Well, it is normal to feel this way after the treatment especially since the body is adjusting to the new way that the nervous system is responding to the chiropractic treatment.
Moreover, some patients have reported that they feel the urge to drink water after a chiropractic treatment. Drinking water is important because it helps in the elimination of toxins from the body more quickly. Make it a habit of drinking water after a chiropractic adjustment because water helps in nourishing the discs between the vertebrae. This keeps the spine flexible and healthy. Although chiropractors remove restriction from the vertebrae of the spine, stretching is also important in removing pain. Maintaining a good stretching routine, or stretching after an adjustment is essential in eliminating pain. Therefore, it is okay if you stretch after a chiropractic adjustments.
After one has been diagnosed with fibromyalgia, many thoughts can cross the mind. Whether or not to seek a chiropractor is one of the thoughts that may cross your mind. Chiropractic medicine are essential in combating the symptoms of fibromyalgia. There is an increase in patients who are turning to fibromyalgia physicians to help them navigate this complex condition.
What is Fibromyalgia?
This is a type of chronic disease that causes widespread pain throughout the body. The muscles in the body become tight causing a complete loss of movement in the spine. Fibromyalgia is associated with many other symptoms with the most common symptoms being intense fatigues, reaction to pressure, depression, and trouble sleeping and stiff joints. This causes discomfort and can result to intense pain from the patient. Fibromyalgia is both mentally and physically exhausting to people suffering from this chronic disease.
Controlling Fibromyalgia Symptoms with Chiropractor
Fibromyalgia still has no cure. This means that people suffering from this chronic disease will keep being in pain until the cure is found. However, it is necessary to control the symptoms of fibromyalgia, so that its patients can live a life free from pain. Chiropractic treatment is essential in controlling the symptoms of fibromyalgia in that it helps loosen and relax stiff muscles to prevent loss of movement in the spine. Loss of movement in the spine has adverse consequences, some of which include, but are not limited to the following.
- Causes paralysis. The spine is the most important part of the body because it controls various parts of the body and help in controlling the bladder. It also forms a link between the brain and the rest of the body. It is also part of the Central Nervous System. Any slight damage or loss of movement in this area causes paralysis to the whole body.
- Bladder infection. Since spine plays an important part in controlling bladder, loss of movement in this area can result to bladder infections. This is because you no longer have control over your body.
- After a spinal cord injury, the muscles needed for breathing become very weak. A fibromyalgia patient needs to cough to clear the lungs of bacteria and other secretions. However, if the patient is weak that he or she cannot cough to clear the lungs, he or she is at a higher risk of suffering from infections such as pneumonia.
- The brain is responsible for controlling the blood pressure and heart rate in the body. Signals received from the brain send the message through the spine to raise the heart rate and constrict blood vessels, which results to keeping the heart rate and blood pressure normal. However, when these signals cannot be passed a patient suffers from low blood pressure and low heart rate.
- The body can no longer adjust temperature on its own.
- After a spinal cord injury, the intestines in the stomach fail to work for some time, lead to stomach ulcers. The stomach still produces acid but the acid may damage the lining of the stomach, hence causing ulcers of the stomach.
Consequently, studies have shown that those patients suffering from fibromyalgia who include chiropractic medicine in their treatment regime have reported to experience significant improvement in sleep quality, reduction of pain, high energy levels and reduced neck pains. Chiropractic medicine work on the basis that the body is self-healing. Moreover, fibromyalgia alters normal life. However, when handled differently before the situation worsens, consequences of this chronic disease can be kept at bay for extended periods.
Patients who have struggled with fibromyalgia their entire life can finally see light at the end of the tunnel through gentle chiropractic manipulation. This type of treatment should only be designed to treat fibromyalgia. Monthly adjustments keep the muscles relaxed and mobile, hence preventing future muscles damage.
Fibromyalgia Care in Gastonia
If you are a fibromyalgia patient who is considering chiropractic treatment to fight against fibromyalgia, then it is important that you choose a physician who is familiar with the condition and its side effects. This is important in that they are in a better position of giving the correct diagnosis and can handle the different side effects that you may be having form this type of treatment. In addition to that, before you start the chiropractic treatment, you can consult with the physician and conduct a test to determine if the treatment is appropriate for you.